Helping Each Other Build Readership
Posted by
There are over 500 members in this group! Wow! That is 500 other bloggers. For those of us who are reasonably new to Blogging, many of us are looking for ways to grow our readership. Maybe we can help each other out. I recently read a blog post that suggested finding "blogging buddies", other bloggers that you enjoy their blog, so you start to follow their blog, comment on their posts, maybe ask them to guest blog for you. Hopefully they do the same for you, that way you share some of your readers. How can we do that here? If each of us found five or ten other bloggers from She Writes, maybe with simliar or complimentary interests, we follow them, we comment on their blog and .... If you are interested in trying it, respond to this post, with a very short description of what your blog is about so that we can quickly determine those who might be interested and have blogs we might like to link up with. So, I will start: My blog is called Beginning Life at 50 at www.juliejeffs.blogspot.com. It is about starting my life over at 50 years old after retiring from a career in Law Enforcement and moving from California to Tennessee. I write about myself, my friends, currrent events, and learning about myself and my writing as I write my memoir, my blog, and use social media (Twitter, Facebook) to do it.
Replies
  • Julie, You're a gal after my heart! I think a blog buddy system is not only good support but a great way to expand our knowledge and network. I've read articles about blog development and the importance of nurturing discussion through comments. Comments are confirmation that we're not just talking to ourselves and visitors want "social proof," which is a fancy way of saying nobody wants to be the first comment! When visitors see an active discussion or a lively group of comments it encourages them to join in. So, group, let me throw my hat into the ring and volunteer to be a blogging buddy. I'll post my blog profile under my address. Give it a look and if it's a blog you'd like follow, tweet, put on Digg, or in any other way support and refer to your blogging community, know that I am willing to do the same. Ginger B. http://coppertopcollins.blogspot.com About OFF THE TOP OF MY RED HEAD: I'm a writer, sailor, and lover of life. I split time between the North Carolina mountains and the maritime waters of Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. I find great joy in writing and would be content to spend life sailing blue water with my Captain Mel, exploring land from the shoreline in. Back in the 80s and 90s I was on top of all things marketing, sales, and PR. Then the Captain gifted me with early retirement to play and recharge my batteries. Now I am writing fiction and getting up to speed on the new world of publishing and book marketing. As I explore subjects like social media, finding an agent, and building a writer platform, I share links and resources with fellow first time authors. All writers are invited to share experiences and contribute their knowledge.
  • If you've heard of it, I'll be shocked....Alturas, California .... It is so north it's very close to the Oregon border in the Modoc National Forest. About three hours north/northeast of Redding. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog-let's make it work!! Julie Jeffs said:
    Well heck Kristi, I was in Nor Cal too! Maybe we were neighbors. I'll definitely be checking out your blog! Where in Cali?

Kristi Faith said:
    Before I post mine...wow, Julie! A career in law enforcement? I might have to pick your brain sometime. :) Also-I just moved from California to Tennessee too, but I miss Cali terribly. I was in a small town in Northern California and I am having a hard time with the heat/humidity and the LARGE BUGS!

Ok, My blog is called RAW, Random Acts of Writing. I blog about everything from writing while caring for three children (the royal court) and a disabled husband (Court Jester) to different inspirations, words of the day, quotes that speak to me and my journey in this, my first year of writing full time.
  • Well heck Kristi, I was in Nor Cal too! Maybe we were neighbors. I'll definitely be checking out your blog! Where in Cali? Kristi Faith said:
    Before I post mine...wow, Julie! A career in law enforcement? I might have to pick your brain sometime. :) Also-I just moved from California to Tennessee too, but I miss Cali terribly. I was in a small town in Northern California and I am having a hard time with the heat/humidity and the LARGE BUGS!

Ok, My blog is called RAW, Random Acts of Writing. I blog about everything from writing while caring for three children (the royal court) and a disabled husband (Court Jester) to different inspirations, words of the day, quotes that speak to me and my journey in this, my first year of writing full time.
  • Before I post mine...wow, Julie! A career in law enforcement? I might have to pick your brain sometime. :) Also-I just moved from California to Tennessee too, but I miss Cali terribly. I was in a small town in Northern California and I am having a hard time with the heat/humidity and the LARGE BUGS! Ok, My blog is called RAW, Random Acts of Writing. I blog about everything from writing while caring for three children (the royal court) and a disabled husband (Court Jester) to different inspirations, words of the day, quotes that speak to me and my journey in this, my first year of writing full time.
  • Great idea! My blog is called Brave Blue Words (http://bravebluewords.com). I write about oceans, climate, global change, and related policy and politics. I am interested in blogging buddies working on related science topics, including the environment, geology, ecology, etc. I also use Facebook and Twitter to promote my blog, share ideas, etc. I'm looking forward to making new blogging buddies with similar interests. --Danielle