Looking for Bloggers to Interview
Posted by
Hi all, My blog is evolving. Currently my blog is focusing on 10 goals I have and my journey to achieve them. To achieve them I am trying to find bloggers who have achieved some of my goals already and interviewing them about how they did it. If anybody has achieved any of the following I would really appreciate hearing from you, please let me know if I can interview you on my blog and therefore provide a link back to your own. 1) Published Author (as a result of a popular blog) 2) Columnist for a magazine 3) Follows a nutritious diet and exercises (are you a health guru?? I need one!) 4) Are you a stylist? Know a lot about fashion, how to dress to suit figure etc... 5) Are you from New York? I want to go there and have questions! 6) Do you know a lot about Opera? 7) Have you been married a long time - have relationship wisdom? 8) Are you advanced in meditation / yoga / any other spiritual practice that you would like to share? 9) Are you an expert in Conscious Parenting / Aware Parenting Ladies - I would be SO Grateful for the chance to talk to people more advanced than I in these areas. The idea of my blog is to achieve my goals by learning from those who have made it. Please get in touch.
Replies
  • Hello, Sharni, I don't know if I'm exactly what you're looking for, but I'm happy to help out in any way I can. 1) Like some of your other respondents, I am a published author, but my books came before the blog. I use my blog to update regular readers with book and client news (I ghost and co-author books with established experts in their fields), to comment on the "writing life," to address writing issues, and to answer questions that students in my writers' workshops ask. 3) I've been a "mostly" vegetarian all my life. However, if you like, I can readily put you in touch with one of my clients. Dick Beardsley is a legendary world-class marathon runner who has overcome both injury and addiction. His foundation (http://dickbeardsleyfoundation.org/) and his running camp are aimed at educating people about healthy exercise and living. Dick has a book out, and he Tweets and Blogs. I co-wrote "Against the Wind," a feature film on Dick's life that is currently in development. He is a true health guru, and one of the nicest guys on the planet. I think he could be an excellent interview / resource for you. 7) I married my wonderful husband in 1988 after dating him for 3 years and being engaged for 1. Together, we've been through his brain surgery and recovery and his job loss due to downsizing and disability. We are as crazy in love now as we were when we met. He's my biggest fan, and I love him like mad. ::sigh:: 9) I am extremely skeptical of any parent of any sort who claims to be an expert. :) I have a 6-year old daughter who continually illuminates both my strengths and weaknesses on the parenting front. [I have personal issues with the real-world validity of Aware Parenting principles that strive to eliminate all rewards and punishments from dealing with children. IMHO, this is simply an unrealistic approach to raising a person who is equipped for entering, dealing with, and becoming a contributing member of society.] In addition to my own daughter, I have 15 years of experience teaching homeschool to other parents' children and have a degree in Secondary Education (was going to be a teacher, till the writer-thing in me took over...). So, while I have definite ideas about what makes a good -- and a not-so-good parent -- I'm not sure I'm exactly what you're looking for here... Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. All the best, Ami Hendrickson www.amihendrickson.com Muse Ink Blog: http://museinks.blogspot.com
  • Hi Sharni I am hesitant to say that I am an expert in any of the above areas but I have something to say about a few: 3) I follow a nutritious diet. which is semi-vegetarian (I added the 'semi-' a few years ago) organic, with a focus on conscious joyful eating. I also exercise regularly - yoga, walking, gardening, bellydancing. 5) I am from NYC but now live in the DC area. But I am still a New yorker at heart. 7) I have been married 8 years, together for 10 and have a great relationship plus two great kids! 8) Yoga, meditation - hardly advanced but very interested - would love to hear what you learn. 9) Conscious parenting/ Aware parenting - trying and sometimes succeeding. Again, would lobe to hear your insights. Good luck with your blog - I look forward to seeing what comes out of this Danielle
  • Hi Sharni, I'd be interested in sharing blog-posts. I have been married for 33.5 years to an Irishman from southern Ireland. We also live in the country on 5 acres in a 100-year-old Victorian house. I was a teacher for 15 years and now am writing; yet to be published but trying. I have 4 kids-aged 20, 18, 15, 10. The youngest and oldest were adopted. The youngest is from Vietnam. The older two are daughters - none pregnant or with babies, no one smokes, drinks or uses drugs. The three oldest kids are vegetarians, which has been interesting learning to prepare tasty meat-type meals for all of us. We've tried hard to raise moral, Catholic kids and so far so good. My 18 year old graduates High School this year and is already receiving scholarship offers (YAY!) Anyway, I'd be interested in guest posting and would love for you to post on my blog. Ramblings of a Raconteur If anyone else is interested in guest posting I'd be happy to talk about it. I'm also looking for link-ups. I have a page on my blog exclusively for She Writes Bloggers. Check it out! I'll add more if you'll let me know and I'd love to be on yours.
  • Crack me up! I'd love to interview you. Congrats on book. What is your email address? Linda Lou said:

Hi, Sharni--
    I'm probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I'm happy to help.

I have a self-published book, Bastard Husband: A Love Story, that should be arriving from the printer tomorrow!!! Although my book is not a result of my blog, it has certainly been a huge help in generating interest for Bastard Husband.

For about a year, I wrote online columns for www.living-las-vegas.com.

Style... can't help you. I'm a Glamour "Don't."

Relationship wisdom... um, the title of my book is Bastard Husband: A Love Story. Next!

I am a certified yoga instructor, but if truth be told, I'm a beer-drinkin', meat-eatin' type of yoga teacher.

Sooooo... any questions?
  • Hi, Sharni-- I'm probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I'm happy to help. I have a self-published book, Bastard Husband: A Love Story, that should be arriving from the printer tomorrow!!! Although my book is not a result of my blog, it has certainly been a huge help in generating interest for Bastard Husband. For about a year, I wrote online columns for www.living-las-vegas.com. Style... can't help you. I'm a Glamour "Don't." But I wear a lovely tiara. Relationship wisdom... um, the title of my book is Bastard Husband: A Love Story. Next! I am a certified yoga instructor, but if truth be told, I'm a beer-drinkin', meat-eatin' type of yoga teacher. Sooooo... any questions?

• Pamela said:
    Hi Sharni,

Happy to offer insights relating to some of your goals, I'm both a published author and columnist for a successful online site. I follow a nutritious diet and exercise and have been together in a very happy relationship with a great man for nearly 15 years...

Drop me a note if you're interested.

Best, Pamela
    Thanks Pamela - what is your email address? What is your blog?
  • Hi Sharni, Happy to offer insights relating to some of your goals, I'm both a published author and columnist for a successful online site. I follow a nutritious diet and exercise and have been together in a very happy relationship with a great man for nearly 15 years... Drop me a note if you're interested. Best, Pamela
  • Hello, Sharni. Not sure I'm an "expert" in any of these fields. However, I am a published author with a blog (although the blog came after the book deal/before publication date). I have been married for almost twenty years, which is amazing since, I still feel like I'm a twenty-one-year-old. I love to do yoga -- I was a Bikram fanatic and would love to get back to it. I have experience in parenting, as my 3 sons keep me busy in a state of happy chaos. I am new to SheWrites and could not figure out how to send you a private message. Feel free to contact me if you would like to interview me or have me write a guest spot on any of these topics for your new blog. Take care, Lisa Lipkind Leibow Author of Smart Women's Fiction www.LLLeibow.com www.RosesOfProse.blogspot.com