What's the Weather Like There?
Posted by
This IS Canada, after all. The weather warrants its own thread! What's the weather like in your area? Any good for writing? In Halifax, we're FINALLY getting some summer sun after May, June and July full of rain. The sun is so nice, in fact, that I've been able to get out to Citadel Hill to do some writing without fear of freezing. How about you?
Replies
  • Calgary weather changes all the time. Today is was a gorgeous +10 in some parts of the city and +16 in others. Tomorrow they are calling for flurries. I love the chinooks - but they with the pressure I tend to get migraines. They are calling for a mild winter this year - which hopefully means not as much snow as last year. I'd also like to not see the temperature go lower than -25 (last winter we saw -46). When they saw give it 5 minutes and the weather will change - they mean it!
  • Well for a California girl who isn't fond of heat, Montreal has been lovely. The rain is much like it was in Wales - here for a moment and then gone again. My ears have been pained on one or two days, lol, but I need to get earmuffs is all. Of course...the snow hasn't crippled me yet so, that's the true test I'm sure.
  • dianejwright said:
    Well, ladies. Fall is here. Hopefully you've all observed the solstice in some personal way, yes? If anyone has a short piece they've written on the subject, why not post it in the group? If you're the first, do start a separate discussion thread for it so others can respond, post their own, and follow along.

The leaves have already begun to collect in the gutters in Victoria though the sunshine is still extraordinary. Nothing short of perfect. Makes me notice that I haven't missed Los Angeles much this time around though I'll be heading there again soon and leaving the great north.
    /djw
    Oh, it IS officially autumn, isn't it? I spent today futzing around. Met a prof this morning who will write me a letter of reference for grad school. And I sent off a short story. I'm not feeling too well as a result. The weather has been nice here. Like, nice. Chilly, but nice. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!
  • Well, ladies. Fall is here. Hopefully you've all observed the solstice in some personal way, yes? If anyone has a short piece they've written on the subject, why not post it in the group? If you're the first, do start a separate discussion thread for it so others can respond, post their own, and follow along. The leaves have already begun to collect in the gutters in Victoria though the sunshine is still extraordinary. Nothing short of perfect. Makes me notice that I haven't missed Los Angeles much this time around though I'll be heading there again soon and leaving the great north. /djw
  • Aw man! Hurricane Bill is headed for us still, although we won't be as hard hit as Juan, hopefully. And we're actually prepared this time!
  • dianejwright said:
    Ha! Yes. Yes it does. Today, Victoria is seeing some lovely summer rain. What a sound! Looks like the opposite of your coast. But freezing? Really? Ouch.
    /djw
    Well, it was still under 20'c not too long ago. Cooler with rain. It was kind of annoying =/ I mean, it's summer! I should be able to walk around without a jacket! Now I can get away with a sweater (I get cold easily) and the days are nice and balmy ^^
  • Ha! Yes. Yes it does. Today, Victoria is seeing some lovely summer rain. What a sound! Looks like the opposite of your coast. But freezing? Really? Ouch. /djw