New Members: Visit Here First!
Posted by
Welcome to the lively group for bloggers of all ilks. If you have a blog, please reply to this thread with your full name, blog title, and blog address (if you have one) so it can be added to the Group Member Blog Index. Then take a minute to introduce yourself to everyone in the comment wall on the group's main page (not here as only new members will come to this thread). If you don't yet have a blog, take a few minutes to check out the group's blog index and get inspired. Feel free to start a discussion thread, too, for your particular concerns, questions, or areas of expertise. Thanks for joining! -Laura Didyk outloud
Replies
  • Hi, Sara. Thanks for checking out my blog and the generous feedback. I looked at yours, too. It's beautiful (visually) and very interesting. I read a couple of your articles. I like the lenses you're using to explore social issues. I've written a book in which the characters are out of various mythologies and fairy tales, so your blog fits right in with my own interests.

I'm still trying to figure out She Writes, too. So far, you're the only one who has actually made contact with me. On the other hand, I see some great resource here and I've read some posts and blogs I like a lot. Many interesting women. I also notice that a lot of groups and members of the community aren't very active, or haven't been recently, anyway.

I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, which is one of the reasons I've felt such a strong need for community. In fact, the use of social media is very much on my mind lately; blog incubation! It's a topic I badly want to discuss with others.

I'm also needing guidance and assistance with getting my finished manuscript to the next step. I've seen highly praised books put out by She Writes Press, and I'm hoping to find publishing support and professionals through this community.

Anyway, thanks for reaching out. I sent you a friend request. I hope you don't mind. I'm going to keep an eye on your blog. It made me think.

What are you hoping for in terms of community?

Jennifer

• Hi Jennifer - I just spent a little time on your blog. Your writing is lovely! And your farm is beautiful. Honestly, I haven't quite figured out how to make use of shewrites as far as finding community, but I do like seeing what other people are doing! Are you on Twitter? 

• My blog, "Yet It Will Come: Life & Love After Loss" publishes at maginlasovgregg.com. I write about losing the parent who raised me when I was 21. But it's not depressing. More about what it means to thrive. Sometimes, I also write about living with an autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) and being the Jewish wife of a Unitarian Universalist minister. He was a Baptist pastor for the first five years of our marriage, so things were very interesting. 

Glad to be here!