New Members: Visit Here First!
Posted by
Welcome to the lively group for bloggers of all ilks. If you have a blog, please reply to this thread with your full name, blog title, and blog address (if you have one) so it can be added to the Group Member Blog Index. Then take a minute to introduce yourself to everyone in the comment wall on the group's main page (not here as only new members will come to this thread). If you don't yet have a blog, take a few minutes to check out the group's blog index and get inspired. Feel free to start a discussion thread, too, for your particular concerns, questions, or areas of expertise. Thanks for joining! -Laura Didyk outloud
Replies
  • Happy to join this group! I'm a teacher, writer and rower who lives in suburban Washington DC. I'm working on a memoir about my 5 years in equatorial Africa. It is the story of a marriage in crisis and a mother on the verge of a nervous breakdown set in equatorial Africa against a backdrop of political upheaval, a murder and scandal at the U.S. embassy. I'm currently looking for an agent. 

I have a blog that is mostly about teaching, but I'm still trying to find my niche. I'd love any comments - and I'd love to meet you!

https://evaksullivan.com

• Hello there! My name is Dyane Harwood, and my blog is called "Birth of a New Brain - Healing from Postpartum Bipolar Disorder." My memoir has the same title as my blog, and it will be published by Post Hill Press in October 2017. I'm looking forward to checking out the other blogs in this group. 

https://proudlybipolar.wordpress.com/about/

• Just read your last post, and it's chilling. I was a full-time middle school teacher in the 90's and these days keep my hand in by subbing for the two local high schools and middle schools, the ages I feel the most affinity for. And even in our idyllic little town here in the Napa Valley, I am brought to my knees over and over again by the challenges so many of the students have to contend with in their daily lives, or the darkness in their brief histories. I don't know if it has ever been an easy time to be a kid, but these days ain't it. 

Thanks!

- Jan

• Wow! Really impressed with your post on "Stakes". Very useful! You now have a new subscriber in me :-)

My own blog is less focused on craft and ranges fairly far afield, but if you'd like to check it out you can find it at JanMFlynn.net

cheers!

- Jan

• Hi! I'm brand new to SheWrites, and looking forward to connecting with this group!

Name: Jan M. Flynn

Blog Title: Write On

Blog Address: JanMFlynn.net

• Hi ladies! I blog about my work with unleashing the creative genie within us all. www.createavity.com is my blog/website, where our purpose is to inspire adults to transform their lives through the power of creative play! Ramblings can be about all things creative - creative processes, inspiration, journalling ... all kinds of things! Finally getting into my stride now after limping about in the writing-desert, going round in circles!!!