Hello :). I'm new to the group.
Hello. I'm a fellow Canadian living in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. I see that the last activity for this group was in 2015 so... well, that's a bit discouraging. Is there anybody out there? Cheers, Sherry (new writer in the process of my 2nd edit of a novel I've finished).
Replies
  • I am from the Toronto, ON area. Not sure how active any of these groups are but I am a new member to SheWrites. At the moment, I am writing short stories and entering them in competitions, have one completed middle-grade fiction that I am thinking of pitching to hybrid publishers (haven't had any luck by querying it to traditional publishers) and just trying to improve my creative writing by participating in critique circles, networking and a lot of reading. Cheers and I hope that this group can become more active again,
  • Hi Jillian, can't leave this response under your name but here goes! I live in North West River in Labrador but I'm from Nova Scotia and will be back there to live in a year. Where on the south shore do you live? I lived in Chester for many years. Tell us what you're working on. I've got a novel that I'm seeking publication for, and am finishing a mystery set here in Labrador.
  • Hi Sherry - just found out about these forums. I'm an old writer (!) living in Labrador. I was living in Nova Scotia and will be again but missing my writing pals. Tell me a bit about your novel. I love the revision process. Strongly recommend the book The Artful Edit by Susan Bell. I have a novel in the query process. I have it out right now to a few publishers and some agents. One publisher asked for a full but then turned it down. I'm trying to be patient! So, hope you respond. One of the loveliest and creative woman I've known came from Peterborough - Coleen Peterson. Had you heard of her? Singer and songwriter... truly missed by the Canadian folk music scene.
  • Hi all! I'm the community manager here at She Writes! We're working on promoting the groups more across the site and hope to help you grow your membership.
  • Hi Sherry, I'm new to She Writes and am also Canadian, living on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. I am looking to network with other writers too! Maybe we can get this group going again?