Query Golden Shana: The Chase
This Group seems to have gone dormant or something. Nevertheless I'll post my quers below and hope that somebody will be willing to assist me. It is my query for my Golden Shana series. The name of the editor is fictitious and only used to express that I used the full names in the quesries. I'll appreciate all comments and/or critiques. Thanks in advance. Hello [Manfrieda Mansfield], I learnt from your website that you're currently acquring new authors, and therefore thought my work, Golden Shana: The Chase, might interest you. The Chase is the first of a series of works that lean towards the literary. I personally refer to them as thrillerotica. One-line pitch: “I had a plan to win the women who felt like my natural habitat, until the plan backfired,” says Roman Castell, an obsessive young Croesus who, when love hits him for the first time in his life, finds himself firmly wedged between three women and a baby. Three books & authors I'd place my book alongside: The Bourbon Kings by J. R. Ward Captivated by You by Sylvia Day This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas The Chase is the first book in my Golden Shana series. It's ca 124K words, set mainly in Europe. I've written the works in a mix of POVs, with Roman's POV in the 1st person, and the rest of the POVs in the third person. The second book in the series, Golden Shana: The Capture (138K words), Shana's story arc and POV increases in dominance. Both works have been edited by my editors in the USA, UK and Australia. At the moment, I'm working on the third book, Golden Shana: The Untouchable. I’ve written nine crime and romance novels and political/humanitarian nonfiction, won six literature awards including first prizes and nominations from Cook Communications for the London Caine Prize and the Commonwealth Writers Prize. My most recent prize in writing was the Writer of the Year 2013 in the Netherlands, for my Bound to Tradition trilogy. My full CV is on my website at http://Akinyi-princess.de. I live in Germany most of the year, but also in France, Cyprus and Greece with my nuclear and extended family. As stipulated by your guidelines, I've attached the synopsis of Golden Shana: The Chase as well as the first three chapters. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and would be happy to let you have the full MS at your request. Sincerely, Akinyi [Akinyi Prinzessin von K'Orinda-Yimbo (pen name: A P von K'Ory)]