Hello Everyone!
I joined She Writes a few days ago and then discovered NaNoWriMo yesterday. I'm "taking the plunge" as Mohana says, and resurrecting a novel about a Victorian midwife that I started a few years ago but never finished. As of yesterday, 350 words down, 49,650 to go. Steady on! I'm Renee here (my true identity) and Untethered at NaNoWriMo. Pleased to slog with you!
Replies
  • Hi everyone, I've just joined She Writes today. I'm doing my second NaNo this year, but I was probably crazy committing as I'm smack in the middle of a big series launch, a book fair and moving house. I'm working on two projects. The first is a romantic suspense and I need to get the first three chapters finished to submit to a publisher before 4 December. I've managed about 3000 so far in that one. The other is a complete re-write of my first ever novel I've written and the third book in a series and I'm now 20000 words there. I'm well on track - at the moment!
  • Hi Phyllis, Congratulations on last year's win. As of this morning, I'm at 9,497. The opening of the novel seems weak and disjointed, but it gathers strength as I'm becoming more familiar with my own characters. I'll have a lot of revising to do, but for now I'm just throwing words on the page like Jackson Pollock threw paint on canvases. Granted he got great results whereas I have a lot of shaping and editing in store. Back to the grindstone...
  • Hi, this is my second Nanowrimo. I won the contest last year. I am at about 7k words as of today. How is everyone else doing?