Writing second Memoir is bogging me down
Posted by
Hi Nino, Just wondered what you're working on right now and how it's going. I am working on a (second) memoir and it's taking forever. I attribute it to the length (much longer than the first), the content (much more serious) and the extensive research. My first, published in June of this year, was humorous, light, and dealt with more recent events. My WIP scan 50 years or so, starting in the early 1900s and approached characters in more depth. It also has a universal theme or message, unlike the first. Having some structural problems, because it's so long. Right now it's in three parts along chronological lines. It's so long that I'm getting bogged down. I've sent it to four Beta readers for critiques on the structure but there is a lot of disagreement. I'm pretty much stymied. And suggestions
Replies
  • Hi Nancy. I think I might have a resource for you. I am currently taking a class with Mary Carroll Moore on storyboarding. It is called Your Book Starts Here. Here is the link to the class: https://www.loft.org/classes/?search_string=mary+carroll+moore&location_name%5B%5D=&genre%5B%5D=&level%5B%5D=&age_range%5B%5D= It is an online course and will be starting up again in February. The class has been very useful in helping me organize the draft of my 1st book-Legacy. Thanks for posting. I am sending you good thoughts!