Another new hello
Posted by
For the past year, I've been refining the pitch for my historical fiction trilogy "Women Absent Their Men" and sending it to literary agents...all to no avail. I heard about She Writes Press about a week ago. Today I got confirmation from another writer that she's heard positive things. On her recommendation, I've also just joined Alliance of Independent Authors. As I've been saying for years, when & if I write a memoir, the title will be "Tenacity is My Middle Name."
Replies
  • Welcome Diana, great to have you join in the conversation, keep us posted on what is going on with your projects and offer tips if you like along the way. Beatrice
  • Great having you join us in our storytelling journey. I tested the market and sent my manuscript, "Shadows in the Sun" to several literary agents as well to no avail. After going back over the pages submitted I was encouraged to seek out a professional editor, instead of relying on well meaning readers (Friends and Relatives), because in honest, after reading the pages again I could see quite a few flaws, so I returned to the drawing board to examine and further refine the opening and closing chapters. The story line of my manuscript is very challenging, but I feel it is quite worthy and rewarding. Good luck and keep in touch. Bea.