How I Almost Lost My Inner Pippi
Posted by

Have you ever felt like you lost that child inside of you who was brave? Risk-taking? I did, little by little. I call it my "Pippi" in honor of the literary character who I adored as a young girl. Luckily, I'm finding her again in mid-life. Would appreciate any "likes" or comments, and would love to know -- do you have an inner Pippi? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/donna-highfill/pippi-longstocking-how-i-almost-got-the-pippi-beaten-out-of-me_b_2550508.html

Replies
  • I love it, you described a familiar part of childhood - I've somehow kept my child mind fairly intact, protecting it from the (so-called) reality we live in, but one of the best ways to keep it alive is humor and I thank you for that cool article, go Pippi!

• Yes - Gilmore Girls did do a great Pippi-throwback for all the Pipp-virgins out there! That's very funny of you to request, but I'm not sure the world is ready for that yet. For now, I'll leave it for my toucans to enjoy privately while I clean for them ;)

Thanks for the laughs, 

Chrissann

• I just watched a "Gilmore Girls" episode where they sang the theme song from memory. Pippi has been a fun friend for many of us :). I'd love to see a video of you singing that song while you clean. You could be a Youtube hit :).

• Kathleen - Thank you! I love the way you are thinking --  you SHOULD leave your bra at home. Then write about it. I can imagine that would be a great adventure. Pippi would approve. :)

• I enjoyed your post today, Donna. It was just what the doctor ordered; pardon the cliche. It's so easy to get lost in work, problem solving, making ends meet; things I never worried about as a kid. I think I'll do something outrageous today like turn the clock back to the 70s and leave my bra at home.