Let's Get Connected!
Posted by

Let's share our Twitter handles and get connected! I spend a lot of time on Twitter getting oriented with the real world (because, you know, us writers tend to live in underground caves) but also networking with other writers and sharing writing tips.

My handle is @kiersi. I'd love to talk with you!

Replies
  • I'm @twoprissies. New to the blogging world and struggling to write my book. This is a great idea!

• Okay, now I know I did it wrong... sheesh, I tried. I think I created a new discussion?

I'm @PattiHallWrite sorry for the confusion.

• THANK YOU!

I really need something like this so I can be an active part of a twitter community. (Pulling out my note book now!)

Thanks again.

• Maybe I'll write a blog post one of these days about how to use Twitter for writers. I use it almost primarily to connect with other authors, follow lit agents (a good opportunity to see into how they think and what they're looking for) and keep in the loop on publishing industry news. I'm constantly culling great how-to links, write tips, giveaways, and other general networking stuff.

The key thing to remember is that Twitter is for YOU! It's a way for your readers (or potential readers) to connect with you personally, see into your writing process, and that kind of thing.

• Good idea.  I"m @lisalisathom .  I look forward to getting some tips from you all.  Sometimes I feel like a goldfish in the sea on Twitter so not sure how effective it is for book sales but it can be fun and there's lots of info out there.