She Writes Anniversary Celebration
Posted by

Hi ladies!

We are so thrilled about the volunteer spirit in this community.

To keep things organized, please post the following in this thread:

City, State (or the city you are closest to that would be ideal for a meetup)

Whether you are volunteering to coordinate/plan the event OR assist

Looking at our She Writes Meetup page (http://www.meetup.com/SheWrites/?see_all=1), I see that NYC, DC, and Portland (Oregon) already have the anniversary meetup scheduled.

If you are in one of these areas and wish to help, join the meetup on that page so you can discuss plans with those in your area.

If you are not in one of those areas and choose to set up a meetup there, please let us know in this thread.

More information will be coming...thank you all again!

Replies
  • Hi Rossandra!

Nice to meet you! I am new to all this too!! I look forward to meeting you soon!

Have a great weekend! Im down in San Diego!

Lynn

• Beverly, that sounds great. Please be sure to add it to the LA meetup section of the meetup site. Also, consider mentioning your plans in the She Writes in California group, as I think there's a few in this group who live in LA area. So glad you're helping us to reach our goal of having more meetups than last year's celebration.
  • I'm in Los Angeles and happy to help/plan for anyone who wants to meet here.  (Right now I'm part of a group of THREE on Meet-up, so unless it gets bigger fast, my living room works for me.)  :-)
  • Hi Caryl, 

I totally understand (Athens, GA, USA is very different from Athens, Greece :) )  I'll have to find out if the application allows for that.  It's auto generated the way the information displays and I don't have access to see if that is something that can be changed.

In the meantime, the communities that are added ARE marked on the map above, so that should assist if there is any confusion.

Amber

• Sorry if this is nit-picky, but could you all include the state, providence or country (if other than the US or Canada)  on this page? I moved from Texas to Canada last year and from my perspective, these towns could be anywhere! (There's a London in Canada, for instance.) Thanks!

http://www.meetup.com/SheWrites/?see_all=1

• Yes! We are trying to all meet on June 29th (it's a Wednesday) to celebrate She Writes 2nd anniversary.  Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere else, but are we all trying to meet on the same day in honor of the anniversary?