Another query approach . . .
Posted by

Hey All!

So I took the other post down because I needed to go back to the drawing board. Here's another version based on some of the comments I received. Critique away, but please be constructive!

Dear Agent,

The boy that dreams of death meets the girl that could destroy the world in THE FERRYMAN AND THE FLAME, a 107,000 word high fantasy/paranormal romance for YA.

Krishani thinks he’s doomed until he meets Kaliel, the one girl on the island of Avristar that isn’t afraid of him. She swims with merfolk, talks to trees and blooms flowers with her touch. She’s unlike any girl he’s ever met and not because of her white hair and green eyes. Kaliel is a flame, one of nine individually hand crafted weapons. In the body of an innocent girl she’s seemingly harmless, but strip away her limbs, her heart, her eyes, and she becomes a force of unnatural destruction.

Nobody has fallen in love with a flame until now. She becomes Krishani’s refuge from the dreams of death and the weather manipulation abilities he can’t control. Striking down thousand year old trees with lightning isn’t something he tries to do, it just happens. The mysteries surrounding his abilities and his heritage mount when the Ferryman dies and he becomes the next. An infinity of following death in the Lands of Men is all Krishani has to look forward to.

He has no choice, if he goes; he’ll never be with Kaliel again. With the Valtanyana on the hunt for the flames, anywhere but Avristar is too dangerous for her. That is of course, before Krishani betrays the land and accidentally grants the Valtanyana access to their mystical island. They’re coming for her, and they won’t stop until every last living creature on Avristar is dead.

This is my first novel, one that blends the otherworld with the archetypes of the ferrymen and the violet flame from eastern and greek mythology. I am actively working on the second and third books in this series. If you would like to see more of THE FERRYMAN AND THE FLAME, I would be happy to send you the full manuscript.  

Namaste,

Rhiannon Paille

Replies
  • Damn it   I knew I wasn't going crazy last night...  I did read a query.   OK this is SO MUCH BETTER.   SOOOOO MUCH BETTER

There is story here, good for you.