Declare Your Daily Word Count
Posted by

This is the place to declare your daily word count. Some days we crack 1000 written words and some days a big fat goose egg.  Whether you want to brag or lament your creative writing skills this is the place to OWN IT! 

I'll go first:  Today I managed two paragraphs totaling 190 words

Replies
  • If it helps, why not anaylize the same submission you sent last time with added pages?  That way you don't have to rush through 10 completely new pages and can still complete the exercise...

• Sunday- 556

Monday-0

Tuesday-0

Wednesday-0

Need to finish homework tonight! My mind has been elsewhere. Need to get back to my story geared head space.

• Wednesday 12-12-12 = 0 words.  I should have typed 12 words just to be cool.  Kidding!  I've been feeling better the past few days so I hope to spend some time with my chapter today.  I think my characters miss me.  I know I miss them.

1. Sunday 12-9-12 = 0 words. My body is getting ready for the inevitable. Lots of pain and insomnia have me completely distracted.
  • Saturday 12-8-12 = 0 words. I did review son  homework for the writing group and sent some submissions but no new words.

• I know your feeling and what you said about "really" writing hits home.  You sound like me.  But to see you with the same thought makes me approach it differently. 

Pen on page, fingertips on keys, its all writing.  Whether or not it is our main project, any form of formal writing should be looked at as a practice of some kind.  I mean, when athletes are training they don't only focus on their sport.  They crosstrain and do many other drills that .  They weight lift, they do cardio/stamina work, and they also do small repeitive tasks that ingrain their motor skills into muscle memory.  It's a training process.  So shouldn't any kind of writing be it, emails, letters, journaling, even reading if we really want to reach here, be looked at as progress towards our goal? 

• 12/8/12 -- 1216 words.  But I'll be upfront -- it was an update email to our exchange student's mother.  I'm counting it since it's a form of journaling for me, and I know I'll be drawing from it at some point in my writing.  Really having to squint these days to pretend that I'm "really" writing.