NanoWriMo 2011
Posted by

I was just wondering how many of you will be doing Nanowrimo this year. I have an idea for a crime fiction novel, which I think will be my Nanowrimo title: "Antheratus".

I'm new to Nanowrimo, this is the first year I've ever heard of it and I think that it is a great concept. Making the commitment to yourself to write a full 50,000 word novel in 30 days really lights a fire under you which is exactly what I need.

Anyhow I'm looking for a few writing buddies who plan on doing the event this year so that we can motivate each other towards the finish line. What about the rest of you? Do you have book in mind? Are you in need of motivational writing buddies?

I would love to hear from veteran Nanowrimos as well as newbies like me. Let's make this our best novel writing year!
Replies
  • Eryn,

A Shewrites group on Nano sounds awesome. I like helping out on the boards. It makes me feel productive.

I added you back as a buddy.

Anyone I missed feel free to add me, I'll buddy you back. lfavreau

Lynne

• I don't know if anyone found out how to add a group, but I looked and found out how. If you want me, I can do that. Also, please add me! I NEED a good support group so that I can finish something.

My user on NaNo is HaraStrife.

• Anyone feel free to add me as your buddy...I am MidnightAngel!!!  I am looking forward to this year as I came in half way through NaNoMo last year.
  • I'm planning to do NaNo in November.  I'm already signed up.  I won NaNo in 2009, only completed 6,000+ words in 2010, I started a new job, so I was swamped for time, so I decided to just concentrate on that for awhile.  I keep going back and forth on what I want to write about.  First it's a disaster story idea, then a SF, then a love story, etc.  I have alot of ideas, just need to stop coming up with more ideas and stick to one.  On NaNo I'm countrygal57, if anyone wishes to buddy me.   
  • I can not find a way to add She Writes as a group on there.  If anyone can help please do.  That would be so great!
  • I've added everyone who has offered so far.  I'll take as many buddies as I can.  This is my first NaNo and need as much motivation as possible.  Thank you, ladies, for being so gracious.
  • Hey Vera,

I added you as a buddy. I won last year, my first participating. I did it because my first novel was overwhelming me and I needed to get out of my nitpicky way. I found NaNo to be very freeing, not having to stop and edit as I am wont to do was just what I needed. I do want to warn you I'm very competitive on word count and will encourage you to push on. Everyone is different--I'm a quick out of the gate type who like to write as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

I did have the story for NaNo2010 fully developed in my mind for quite some time (actually I envisioned it as a movie) so I didn't find it too difficult to get started. Obviously, you can prepare however you like--no one is checking on you. You decide what you need to get out of this experience. What one person needs to do to prepare can be quite unlike another's process so if you need to plot it all out before hand do so. I do recommend making some of those decision before hand but then again there are those who decide to participate at the last minute without a single idea and accomplish a win.

The great thing about NaNoWriMo is anything goes--just 50,000 in 30 days.

I'm lfavreau on NaNo if anyone needs a buddy.

• You can add me Chandra, I am MidnightAngel.  I didn't do great last year as it was my first time doing Nano and I have a son with disabilities.  But, I am going to try again this year with high hopes of doing at least a little better.

Take Care,

Tanya