Introduce Yourself!
Posted by

Welcome paranormal romance and urban fantasy authors!  I'm actually a newb to She Writes, and I was SHOCKED that there wasn't a group dedicated to PNR/UF.  We're the biggest genre in the business!  So I decided to start one.

So, a little about me.  My name is Kait Nolan.  I'm a PNR/UF writer from Mississippi.  I self-published my first two novellas (Forsaken By Shadow and Devil's Eye) as a means to begin building an audience for my Mirus series.  They got me noticed by Laurie McLean of Larsen Pomada who is now my agent.  Currently I'm winding up my first paranormal YA, Red, which will be going on submission shortly. 

If I had a super power, I'd want to be able to manipulate time (like with a Time Turner from Harry Potter) or teleport.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Replies
  • I'm Serra and I'm currently fighting my way through the middle of my first draft of a PNR. It's enjoyable, but I'm in the part of the story that is kinda boring...meh. Anyway, its nice to meet a bunch of woman who are working on the same thing! And No, I can't believe there wan't a group before now! Thanks for starting it Kait!
  • Hi,

I'm Christine and I'm currently editing a YA urban fantasy book. I'm also a journalist, and write women's contemporary fiction too.

I love urban fantasy, and if I had a super power it would be to shapeshift my clothes like Georgina Kincaid in Succubus Blues.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Christine

christinemurray.blogspot.com

• I know, right?  I was shocked and then I just had to start one myself.  We'll get bigger eventually! :D
  • Hello...I was surprised there was not a bigger group than this for these genres! I'm an Indie Author, and I have ten titles that fit into either the paranormal or urban fantasy categories, though I write several different genres. These two genres are my favorites. 

Please visit my blog for more info on me and my books, and please enter my latest giveaway while you're there!

http://livingstonhallpublishers.blogspot.com/

• Hi Kait!

I'm Robyn, a writer currently working on an uf novel. Also a MFA student and random other things.

Thanks for starting this group!